Our Foreign Trained Pharmacist Online Course
Our Online course is designed for pharmacists who are moving from another EU Country to Ireland and would like to learn how to practice in Ireland.
To get more information about the course sent to your inbox please fill in the form below:
What we help you with
We have all heard the horror stories.
Pharmacists having horrible starts to their working career, when they have just moved countries.
They struggle to use the computer system effectively .
They are unsure what community drug scheme applies to a patient.
They struggle to understand what rules apply to community drug schemes.
They are unsure what legislation really applies to certain scenarios like emergency supplies.All these things add up and make it even harder for pharmacists who are starting out to be called back for locums.Or even worse barred from working in places because an owner was annoyed with them over patient complaints.
At Excellent Pharmacist Academy, we know that a lot of pharmacists who have qualified from outside of Ireland have the requisite clinical skills to act as a pharmacist.
The Irish pharmacy system is very complex in comparison to other European countries.
A lot of pharmacists struggle in their early days trying to learn all the government medicines schemes for patients and the rules associated with them which is necessary to ensure payment for your employer.
Pharmacists new to Ireland will also need to be aware of all the legislation regulating pharmacy in Ireland and lack of proper training can:
- affect self-confidence in the early days of
- cause financial losses to your employer,
alsoaffect your patient interactions
We know that having complete knowledge and reference tools help reduce these instances but also boosts the confidence of the pharmacist and better satisfaction all round by all involved.
What would you learn and How ?
with our online course you will learn
- how to perform better,
- get better retention rates as a locum or
- better starting salary with a job both of which translate to increases in your per hour rate.
The Curriculum is divided up into 5 core modules:
- Legal Module: where you will learn all the relevant legislation in relation to Pharmacy.
- PCRS Schemes Module: where you will learn about all the schemes which you will be
usingto dispense medicines
- Administrative Module: where you will learn about the pharmacy processes such as SOPs and ordering medicines
- Technology & Dispensing Module: where you will learn about the various computer systems in Ireland, with detailed video demonstrations for MPS, Qicscript and TouchStore.
- OTC & Clinical Interventions Module: Where you will learn about the most common OTC products in Ireland and their clinical indications.
A more detailed version of our curriculum is available on our website and can be found here here
If you sign up for any of our classes in advance we also offer:
- 180 days of support after the day of the training you can call with any questions you may have
- You will also get access to all the videos and all updates about the course
REGISTRATION FOR INFORMATION IS FREE, AND YOU WILL ALSO GET AN ALL YOU NEED INFORMATION PACK ABOUT HOW TO REGISTER WITH THE PSI AND A LINK TO A WEB CLASS WE RAN ABOUT PHARMACY IN IRELAND IF YOU WISH.